Friday 28 June 2013

Friday

End of the week and things are slowly getting back on track.  I'm still spending more than I would have liked but it's getting under control.  It's as if those five days of extreme organisation and frugality broke something that had been going really well and it seems to be taking ages to get back to normal again.

However, while in Morrison's yesterday, I managed to get some fresh broccoli at half price and some cheap chicken thighs, quite large ones, so I feel more set up now.  I think I am declaring a no-spend week next week - well, starting tomorrow.  I have enough in stores to last me for months, to be honest, including frozen milk.  I have to buy the eggs, that's a weekly commitment, but I don't think there's anything else I absolutely need to get.

So next week is a no-spend cupboard and freezer week.

However, today's food is:
Breakfast:  two eggs, scrambled, on toast, banana (free)
Lunch:  beans on toast, melon slice, natural yogurt
Dinner:  Sort of savoury mince curry on rice, strawberries, pineapple and yoghurt
Drinks:  decaf coffee, fruit tea, water
Snack:  playtime fruit

Toast for two meals isn't good, but there's bread to use up!

And it all comes to between £1.40 and £1.50.  I don't feel I can give more than an approximate value because prices vary, depending on where you buy things and, sadly, also from week to week, always in an upward direction at the moment,  When a can of value spuds goes up by 25% from one week to the next, it's a bit of a shock.  OK, so still cheap, but when you're counting every penny, it's not good.
So I know almost to the penny, but it wouldn't necessarily be particularly valid for all my readers.

2 comments:

  1. Chicken thighs are very good value for money and so versatile

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are, and they have a really good flavour too.

    ReplyDelete