Sunday 16 June 2013

16-6-13 Cheaper than Chips menu

I really need a logo . . .

Today's plans:
B:  Yoghurt with melon and strawberries.  Lemon and ginger tea.
D:  Roast chicken, roast potatoes, roasted carrots and parsnips, pea puree
T:  Egg salad with coleslaw.  Pineapple and yoghurt

With a few extras (oil for roasting, etc)  it will come to around about £1.50, which is just about right

I had a few strokes of luck.  I found a melon for £1.00 in Morrison's and my son and partner found some Tiptree farm strawberries at the incredible price of 30p per punnet (350g) and I have two of them.  They are a day over shelf life but mist still have life in them.  For now I have vacu-packed them in a special container and that should keep them good for a few days.

Also, the carrots and parsnips for roasting are out of the freezer and were given to me by Beth from her allotment.

Less fortunately, I have found that I really rather like 'fruit' teas.  Unfortunately, they are around 5p a go!  Must Google for a recipe for mint tea and then I can use my garden mint (if it is cheaper)!

I'm basing the cost of the chicken on six helpings.  I might get more but better safe than sorry.

Photos to follow!

2 comments:

  1. spending_less.gif dont know if this will work but I thought it might make a good logo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've copied it from your blog, many thanks. I love it!

    ReplyDelete