Friday 21 June 2013

Cheaper than chips menu: 21-6-13

I'm so glad I have upped my limit to between £1.50 and £2.00.  It makes a world of difference.

B:  Porridge, banana and yoghurt.  I've made the porridge with all milk today which has upped the cost, I know, but the milk is at the end of its time and I really don't want to waste it.  Normally I split the pint and put half in the fridge but I didn't do that this week, sadly.  It's looking very 'creamy'.  Cost - around 20p as the banana is free.

L  2 egg salad.  the salad is leaves from the plants, a few tomatoes, a bit of cucumber, home made coleslaw, chopped carrots and a home made oil and vinegar dressing.  I found it's really hard to make a one portion dressing so I made up a small batch in a small jam jar with a lid and I just shake and pour . . . well, spoon out anyway!  I have these cute and titchy little pots that hold just enough for one portion - ideal for school!  Cost - around 60p; some of the salad stuff is free

D:  A freezer meal.  Still home made but impossible to cost out.  Afterwards I shall have strawberries and yoghurt

Drinks:  four fruit teas (20p) probably three decaf coffees (3p) and lots of water.

Snacks: playtime fruit - free!

Edited a bit later to add:
I've decided I don't like porridge made with all milk.  Not nice at all, far to cloying and sickly.  It's back to a bit of milk and mostly water for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment