Tuesday 21 May 2013

Cheaper than chips: update 21-5-13

OK, so today is a disaster as far as the CtC project is concerned but it's a lovely disaster.  I have truly enjoyed my meal out with the girls tonight but I've been as frugal as I could be under the circumstances.  I know some of my readers will think 'why???' but the truth is I want to continue being careful.  Eating out occasionally is a fact of my life, but spending a fortune on one meal doesn't have to be and I don't want it to be.  I'm luckier than a lot in being able to go out like this.

In fact, it wasn't too difficult as I always have the smaller plate meals anyway so that was one stumbling block out of the way.  You'd think a large lady like me would be able to tuck away a huge plateful but the fact is that it's not the amount I eat that's the problem, it's the type of food and I'm doing something about that now.

Anyway, after all that, here's what I have eaten.
B:  scrambled eggs on toast
L:  Leftovers of the mango chicken with boiled rice

And then, for dinner . . .
    no starter (I never do anyway)
    crispy chicken strips (I do love chicken!) with peas and chips and it was delicious
    and then ice cream for dessert.
And now I am stuffed!

I can't cost it all out today because there's too many variables and the lunch came from the freezer anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment