Sunday 12 May 2013

Cheaper than chips: daily update 12-5-13

It's gone well today.  I decided to count my share of the Sunday dinner rather than ignore it and I felt 'right' about that decision.

So today's food has been/will be:
B:  Porridge with (free) banana and yoghurt
D:  Roast chicken (one of three for £10), chips, broccoli and carrots, stewed apple and plum with yoghurt
T:  Ham and pea soup, bread and butter, stewed rhubarb (free rhubarb) and ginger with yoghurt topping
Coffee:  3
Total spend for the day:  £1.38

Dearest Daughter asked for one of the three lentil burgers I had made for her so that's two in the freezer for another time.  Excellent.

I seem to have had plenty of yoghurt today.  Better make some more before I run out and have to buy a new pot for a starter.  That would never do!

No comments:

Post a Comment