Sunday 18 August 2013

Holiday menu: 18-8-13

So here we are at the second full day of the holiday.  The bread is rising in Thermione's pan.  Soon the barn will be filled with the aroma of freshly baking bread.  Deelicious!  I'm up at my usual ridiculously early time, mug of coffee to hand, enjoying the peace and quiet as I always do.

I had a bit of a disaster yesterday.  I mixed up my crunchy flapjack biscuits, popped them in the oven . . . and burnt them.
The oven is a bit quirky  (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) and instead of having the setting on fan oven, I had set it to grill.   Oh, dear. The smell was horrendous and the smoke even more so!  The scorched remains had to be thrown away and I will have another go tomorrow!  Ooops!

As far as I know, this is today's menu - Beth is in charge so I'm not totally sure but it's certainly not a complete list:
Breakfast:  crumpets, fresh fruit
Lunch:  No idea!
Dinner:  vegetable curry with naan bread.





No comments:

Post a Comment