Saturday 12 March 2016

Not-From-A-Mix Brownies

I found this recipe on the Frugal Girl's site.  I've long been a reader of Kristen's blog and a lot of what she says resonates very firmly with me.  Contentment, simplicity and wisdom with a big dollop of achievable and sensible frugality.  The recipes sound pretty good too!

You can find the original recipe here.

I won't post the whole recipe because it is out there and easy to find but I did have to translate the measures into real ones - you know, grams, etc, so here they are.

150g plain flour
60g unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder

70g butter
250g sugar

2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp coffee powder or granules pushed through a sieve.
(I added this to the dry ingredients.)

For the method, follow the link above

And here is Kristen's photo of them.  Yes, mine look just like that!  Nom nom nom, as my daughter would say.
easy homemade brownies

Edited to say that Beth and I had some each with custard for dessert today and it was amazing!   Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment