Tuesday 9 April 2013

Red cabbage coleslaw

I made this to go with a lasagne and mixed salad last night and it was rather tasty so I thought I'd share.  No photo, I'm afraid so this will have to do.
Found on Google at http://marksvegplot.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/pickled-red-cabbage.html
An interesting looking gardening blog.
Ingredients:
red cabbage, finely shredded
carrot, peeled, quartered longways and then finely sliced
some sweetened dried cranberries (the extra sweetness goes so well with the red cabbage - some sliced apple would also go well, I think)
mayonnaise (I used some out of a jar but home made would be much nicer)
(amounts are to personal taste)

Method:
Bung the lot in a bowl and mix well!

I'm definitely making that again!


4 comments:

  1. Now that is a combination I would not have thought of. Another for my list, thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With spring here, more or less, and summer around the corner, salads are looking more inviting again, aren't they? I hope you enjoy it.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made this now and it is delicious!! I did not have cranberries so I used dried Morello cherries: I also used a few chopped segments of an orange. Gorgeous, thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm - cherries and oranges sounds brilliant. Thanks for the idea. It tastes so different with red cabbage, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete