Wednesday 14 December 2016

Vegetarian stuffing

I always do a vegetarian stuffing for Beth and, to be honest, it is as nice as the conventional one that Mum makes for me, I think.

I got it from the Sainsbury's site so here's the link.  It doesn't half go on, sorry!

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/find-recipes/recipes/christmas-recipes/cranberry-and-chestnut-stuffing-balls-502635-r-44?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=Q8%2FYTTuS8FRhBNRVrqME8zL%2Fww8NxkZd3JUWF%2FrUvWq3g7e5hrVwLKFTrNPHHzF7Yn1DwaorVZ4jbyYaiPJUx2s5nbH2Y3HefVWwZdnIsG3M29ks%2Bz8y5SYPO5osPYqa&ddkey=http%3Agb%2Fgroceries%2Ffind-recipes%2Frecipes%2Fchristmas-recipes%2Fcranberry-and-chestnut-stuffing-balls-502635-r-44

I made some changes, of course.  Don't I always?

I used garlic puree
The thyme and the sage were fresh but I also added some mixed dried herbs and some dried parsley.
The breadcrumbs were from a granary/wholemeal loaf (home made) that had gone dry and a bit stale.  Lovely flavour though!
I fried a little bit off to taste and then added some black pepper, some salt (not a lot) and some stock paste (home made) and stock powder (marigold).

I made patties rather than balls as they will be easier to cook, I think.  Oh, and I dusted them with flour as that, with a bit of spray oil, should ensure a nice, crunchy outside.



They are now on a baking tray, in the freezer, not looking great, I have to admit, but they will look much better after they are cooked.  They will come out on Christmas Eve and, on The Day and after the turkey comes out, I will spray them with oil and 'roast' them.

Another thing ticked off the list!  ðŸ˜€


No comments:

Post a Comment