|Not my photo and I know the plums are the wrong kind!|
I them measured the liquid and added jam sugar in the proportion pint/pound plus the juice of a small lemon.
There wasn't loads so I used Thermione to boil to setting point. If there had been more, I'd have done it in the conventional way. It did take quite a while.
I checked for set using the saucer method.
It tastes wonderful although hasn't made all that much. That's jellies and jelly bag type methods for you.
I am a bit anti making clear jelly jams as I don't like the waste, but I then pushed the leftover fruit bits through my mouli and have a some unclear, thick 'sauce'. I think I will add some spice and make some sort of sauce or spicy jam (almost the same thing really). See separate entry . . .