Sunday 24 March 2013

Autumnal Spiced Plums

It's been a yummy food day today and this stood out as special.

The recipe can be found here.  I didn't have enough honey so I used some golden syrup as well and it was jolly good!  I can recommend it unreservedly.

Here's the recipe, with all credit and admiration to Nigella Lawson, whose recipe it is.

Ingredients
1 k plums (I had less than that but it didn't matter)
125 mls honey
60mls maple syrup
1 cinnamon stick broken into 2 and 2 star anise
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
375 mls water

Wash, halve and stone the plums and place, cut side down in a large baking tray in a single layer
Bring to a boil the remaining ingredients and pour it over the plums.
Cover so that no steam can escape (I used foil)
Bake in the oven at 160C for between 45 and 60 mins.

Serve warm rather than hot with cream, yoghurt or custard.  Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment