Sunday 1 January 2017

Dead easy cheesecake

I made this for Christmas Eve and I made it again yesterday and both times it was a total doddle.  Yesterday I modified the amounts and changed the ingredients a bit and it was still a doddle.

Here's a link to the original recipe:
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/11921/lemon-and-lime-cheesecake

You can see that it is a no bake affair which makes it remarkably simple and trouble free.

What I changed
Each time I used ordinary digestives but the first time I did the rest exactly according to the recipe.

Last night I cut the base down to 3/4 the amount because it really made too much.  I could cut it down further, maybe even to half because I also used a slightly smaller loose bottomed tin.

For the top, instead of faffing around with lemons and limes, I looked up the equivalent amounts and Google told me that it is around 2 tbsp of juice for each lemon or lime.  I used bottled juice that I always have in the fridge and it has made a lovely cheesecake with a thicker top although lacking the zing that you get when you use the zest as well.

I think this is going to become a standard in this home and there are lots of similar recipes out there.  Worth a hunt if you want a delicious dessert that is dead easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment