Saturday 18 June 2016

Oat bran galette

This isn't my recipe.  I found it on the Internet and adapted it to match what I usually have in store.  It's from something called the Dukan attack phase which probably sounds more alarming than it really is.

I made it this morning and had it with natural yogurt (home made), blueberries (bought) and strawberries (from the garden) and it was scrummy and so easy that I thought I would share.

Ingredients to make one pancake.
1 egg (I used medium)
one and a half tbsp oat bran
one and a half tbsp natural yogurt
a tiny pinch salt (might miss this out next time)
half tsp Stevia (a sugar substitute I am trying out) or you could use real sugar.  I might try it without.
a tiny bit of veg oil

Methop:
Brush a tiny bit of veg oil on a pancake sized frying pan (you could use a bigger one but I like one in particular because it is just the right size) and put on a fairly hot hob to heat.  As it is non stick, I am wondering how necessary the oil actually is.  One to test, I think.

Put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine them well.

When the pan is hot, pour in the mixture and fry for about three minutes or so on either side.

Remove, cover with fruit and yogurt and eat straight away!   Mmmmmm.

You would think - oat bran, must be heavy - but it's not, it's a bit fluffy and filling too.  I think this is going to be a regular breakfast from now on, it is so easy.

I am sure it would freeze so you could make more, wrap them well and pop them in the freezer

No comments:

Post a Comment