Sunday 13 October 2013

Recipe: Maggie's Lime Pie

(warning:  not terribly frugal or healthy)

You can get the full recipe with amounts here.  Well worth looking.

I have to say it was the easiest dessert I have made in a long while.  The base is the usual biscuit and butter base, made in Thermione.
I zested the limes very finely, then squeezed all the juice out.  I mixed together the double cream and sweetened condensed milk, added the zest, then poured in the lime juice.  Maggie is quite right - as I stirred the juice into the milky/creamy mixture it just 'magically' thickened.  It was fascinating.  Then I poured it over the base, smoothed off the top and popped it in the fridge to keep overnight.  Later on I will sprinkle over chocolate shavings as a decoration and will serve it with double cream.  Scrummy!

And finally I scraped the bowl.  Then scraped again.  For  two pins I would then have licked the bowl to get every little bit out!!  That's how delicious it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment