Monday 28 October 2013

Oaty bread rolls

This not my idea - my blogging friend, Diane, posted about this and I thought it was such a good idea I would try it too.  Basically, it's exactly the same as a normal white loaf but 100g of the flour is replaced by 100g oats, zizzed to a flour consistency.

My ingredients, therefore, were:
100g oats, zizzed to a flour consistency
400g strong white flour
1 heaped tsp yeast (the kind that doesn't need starting off)
1.5 to 2 tsps salt (to own taste)
25g butter
315 mls water

Made the usual way, in Thermione for the kneading and rising and then by hand for the rest.

Normal method:
place the flour, oat flour, yeast and salt and mix well.  Rub in the butter.  Add the wate and mix to a dough, then knead for about ten minutes until smooth and stretchy.
Cover and leave to rise.
Knock back down and shape into whatever - I made rolls.  Place on prepared baking sheet or loaf tin, cover and prove.  Bake in an oven that is 230C when the rolls go on, then turn the oven down to around 180 immediately.
They take about 20 to 25 minutes to cook.  Then cool them on a wire rack.

Very, very delicious!  Thank you very much, Diane.

No comments:

Post a Comment