Wednesday 7 May 2014

Living Below The Line: Three meals and a soup part 2

Second recipe . . . bit bogstandard really!

Beany filling for a pie
Ingredients:
oil
a selection of veg (I used peas, leeks, parsnips, carrots)
1/3 can kidney beans
2/3 tin chopped tomatoes and some water
some herbs (I used parsley, oregano, thyme, chives and bay from the garden)
salt and pepper
a bit of beef stock (or use a bit of stock cube or stock granules)

Method:
Chop the veg
Heat the oil, saute the leeks and carrots, add the other veg and the tomatoes, herbs, seasonings, etc.  I found a bit of chopped up garlic I hadn't used so I added that too.  Add the beans and peas and whatever else hasn't yet been added, bring to a gentle boil and simmer it all away until it's getting thick.  Check seasonings and adjust if necessary.

I might use this as a pie filling using that pastry I blogged about a few days ago or I may just have it on rice; goodness knows, I have plenty!  I shall see how I feel this evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment